It’s that time of year! If you haven’t bought the Back-to-School supplies for your child’s class, here are some helpful links below. Purchase at Amazon and have them delivered to your door, and support P.S. 193 by simply buying the necessary school supplies! Below is a list of supplies you might find useful. Don’t forget to label your child’s name and class on each! Children Name Labels – Self-Laminating
- Mead 3 x 5-Inch Index Cards, Ruled, 100 Count, White (63350)
- Purell Instant Hand Sanitizer with Aloe, 8 fl oz (236 ml)
- Mead Black Marble Wide-Ruled Composition Book, 12-Pack, 100 pages
- Oxford Twin Pocket Assorted Colors Leatherette-Grained Portfolios 25 Count
- Sony MDRZX100/BLK ZX Series Stereo Headphones
- Dixon Ticonderoga Wood-Cased #2 Pencils, Box of 12, Yellow
- Kleenex Lotion Facial Tissue (4 Boxes)
- HP Multipurpose Copy/Laser/Inkjet Paper, 96 Brightness, 20 lb, Letter Size (8.5 x 11), 500 Sheets
- Expo Low Odor Chisel Tip Dry Erase Markers, 4 Colored Markers
- Crayola Art Smock
- Wet Ones Antibacterial Hand Wipes – Fresh Scent: 40 Count Canister
- Mead 3 x 5-Inch Index Cards, Ruled, 100 Count, White
- Mead Wide-Ruled Filler Paper, 200 Sheets
- Kingston Digital DataTraveler 101 USB 2.0 Generation 2 – 16 GB Flash Drive
- Merriam-Webster Children’s Dictionary
- Elmer’s Washable No-Run School Glue, 7.625 oz Bottle
- Elmer’s Washable All-Purpose School Glue Sticks, 0.24 oz Each, 4 Sticks per Pack (E542)
- BIC Brite Liner, Assorted Colors (5-Pack)
- Crayola 24 Ct Crayons
- Crayola 64 Ct Washable Markers
- Bounty Basic Paper Towel Select-A-Size Rolls, 6 Count
- Paper Mate InkJoy 300 RT Retractable Medium Point Ballpoint Pens, Assorted Colors, 8 Pack
- Post-it Notes, 3 x 3-Inches, 6-Pads/Pack
- Crayola Safety Scissors
- A&W Products Card File Box, A-Z Dividers with 100-Piece 3 x 5 Inch, Lined Index Cards
And, if looking to refresh your child’s backpack, lunchbox, shoes, or get an educational edge with books, visit our PS193PA Amazon Store for convenient shopping that supports our school!
P.S. 193 PA Elections were held on Wednesday June 4, 2014
The nominees for positions were as follows:
Recording Secretary: Sheron Bennett
Treasurer: Elizabeth Rodriguez
Mrs. Modupe Alston and Mrs. Janelle Williams chose to run as Co-Presidents
Mrs. Perry chose to run independently.
The results of the tally are as follows:
Modupe Alston & Janelle Williams (43 votes)
Kasandra Perry (23 votes)
Elizabeth Rodriguez (41 votes)
Sheron Bennett (43 votes)
Henceforth our new Executive board Core members are
President/Presidium- Janelle Williams & Modupe Alston
Recording Secretary- Sheron Bennett
Treasurer- Elizabeth Rodriguez
Congratulations to our new Executive Board members!
An invitation from Ms. Siwinski, CIG 2-403
The United Federeation of Teachers Middle School Division invites you to participate in its 1st annual 5K Family Run on Saturday, May 10!
This race will not be timed. You can run/walk as an individual or as part of a team. We will have complimentary water, snacks and giveaways for each race participant as well as raffle prizes.
The proceeds from this event will go to the UFT Disaster Relief Fund, which helps UFT members and has contributed thousands of dollars to relief operations following natural disasters in Haiti, Japan, the Philippines and our own area in 2012 following Hurricane Sandy. The fee to participate is $25 for adults and $15 for children age 12 or younger.
You can sponsor a participant by making an online donation to the UFT Disaster Relief Fund.
For more details see the UFT.org event listing.
High Stakes Testing Forum & Calendar Meeting
WHEN: Tuesday, March 25th, 2014
WHERE: PS 133- 610 Baltic St, Brooklyn, NY 11217
Entrance on Baltic & 4th Ave
For more information contact: (718)636-3212 | Cec13@schools.nyc.gov | www.Cec13.org
Volunteers are needed to assist Ms. Pam with Vision Screening of grades 2, 3 and 5 on the following days and times:
Wednesday, March 19 9:00-10:30 AM
Thursday, March 20 9:30-10:30 AM
Friday, March 21 9:30-10:30 AM
Monday, March 24 9:00-10:30 AM
Wednesday, March 26 9:00-10:30 AM
Thursday, March 27 9:30-10:30 AM
Friday, March 28 9:30-10:30 AM
NYC SCHOOL SURVEY
Dear Parents/Guardians: You will soon receive the green envelope which contains this year’s SCHOOL SURVEY. Please complete this survey and either mail it when done or you can complete it online. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey. Thank You!
The Scholastic Book Fair is coming soon – March 10 to 13, 2014. You can also shop online – online orders will be shipped to the school for free!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR THE BOOK FAIR! TO VOLUNTEER: Contact Ngosi George using the links below:
Volunteer for Monday, March 10:
Volunteer for Tuesday, March 11:
Volunteer for Wednesday, March 12:
Volunteers also needed for Parent/Teacher Conference Book & Bake Sale, Tuesday March 11:
Volunteer for Parent/Teacher Conference Book/Bake Sale March 11:
SAB students in Harlequinade (Drigo/Balanchine); Photo © Paul Kolnik; Harlequinade, choreography by George Balanchine © The George Balanchine Trust
The School of American Ballet at Lincoln Center is inviting you to a special, free event at Walt Whitman Theatre at Brooklyn College on Saturday, March 8 at 2:00 pm.
Read the details by clicking on this image!
Please check out the new P.S. 193 website, built and managed by Ms. Barbarette and Mr. Elorriaga. We look forward to visiting it often!